Saturday, January 16, 2010

Praying for Haiti

In preparing my sermon this week, the week of the tragedy in Haiti, I found myself taken by the prayer of Isaiah for Jerusalem in chapter 62 of that book (vs. 1-5). Following is my reworking of that prayer on behalf of the people of Haiti. May we all pray with hope in the promises and love of God.

For Haiti's sake I will not keep silent, and for the sake of the Haitian people I will not rest, until their vindication shines out like the dawn, and their salvation like a burning torch.
2The nations shall see your decency and goodness, and all the World leaders your dignity; and you shall be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will give.
3You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord.
4You shall no more be termed devestated, and your land shall no more be termed Desolate; but you shall be called a Bride of God, for the Lord delights in you and will claim you as his bride.
5Your children will commit themselves to you, nation of Haiti, just as a young man commits himself to his bride. Then God will rejoice over you as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment